Sunday, August 28, 2011

Off Topic: Ice Cube Tray for Geeks!

While perusing through Amazon the other day I stumbled upon a most intriguing find, The 'Hon Solo Frozen in Carbonite' ice cube tray. While I think we can all agree that Lucas sold out all the hard core original fans when Jar Jar hit the stage, we can also agree that nothing lets your geek flag fly like putting Hon Solo in your drink cup.



I was a bit disappointed with the product at first for two reasons, number one the functionality of it, to get the level of detail they used a silicone rubber mold, which doesn't allow the mold to go from the sink to the freezer without some support under it. But that is a minor drawback compared to what I found as the worst drawback to this mold, it won't actually hold molten carbonite. With a title like 'Hon Solo in Carbonite Silicone Tray' You would assume that it could actually hold carbonite. But you would be wrong, so not only did I completely cook the tray with my molten carbonite, I then had to clean it off the basement floor where I was preparing to preserve my hamster circus in eternity.

Now I can't even make ice cubes anymore.

still practicing_

Tallarn

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. I bet they sell a ton of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe my luck in finding this, apparently these same guys do a ton of different ice cube trays

    ReplyDelete